The Crooklands Hotel Bar and Restaurant
Our environmental policy includes a commitment to:
- To comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- To continually access and seek to improve our environmental and social performance.
- To continuously reduce pollution, emissions and waste where possible looking in to further innovative recycling ideas, to reduce landfill sites.
- Consider ways in order to reduce the use of energy and water.
- Continue to improve the garden, landscape and wildlife habitat, to promote a thriving wildlife population and biodiversity.
- We raise awareness, encourage participation in sustainable business practice and expect similar practice from our contractors and suppliers.
- We play a part in the community assisting various organisations and local charities (charities include; first responders, Macmillan, Northwest ambulance and many local primary schools).
- Maintain an active Green Committee, consisting of employees from all departments, to formalise and promote new ideas and working methods.
- Work with our guests to find ways to help make their stay with us even more environmentally sustainable
- Encourage our staff to support our environmental aims, raise awareness of the environmental and financial costs of our actions and incorporate environmental actions into the day to day operation of the hotel and restaurant.
- To source local products sustaining our local environment.To reduce our Carbon Foot Print by 20% within the next 2 years.
More information on Green Tourism available at: www.green-business.co.uk
Join our mailing list
Receive news on our specialoffers direct
Collect your 10% off food voucher .This month in the Local choice magazine.
Showing the rooms a little TLC. 8 Deluxe rooms being refurbished.
A choice of two award winning gins. What more could you want. Try some local Lakeland Gin or the premium, Fifty Pounds Gin. Good job it's the name and not the price. Pheww!
This week on our Specials board we are serving a Pork Terrine starter, followed by a Fillet of Plaice, a Sweet and Sour Chicken as well as a 16oz T-Bone Steak and many more!
An Updated Lunchtime Bistro Menu for Jan 2014!
"We were really impressed with the bird watching and wild booklet the hotel provided for our children to get them thinking green!" Mrs J. Stonesfield